We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The purple carpet is well suited for the rock garden as well as for the grave planting. There are some varieties and information on location and care here.Beautiful purple carpet variety: the moss saxifrage
The purple carpet, which blooms in many colors, is one of the most popular plants in the rock garden, but is also ideal for normal flower beds. The moss carpet-like plant (ground cover) is even extremely robust and easy to maintain, which is why it can be planted almost anywhere.
Due to its easy maintenance, the purple carpet is also ideal for planting graves.
Varieties of the purple carpet
Today, countless varieties of purple carpets are offered in garden shops. The most well-known varieties include:
- Moss saxifrage - about 15 centimeters high, white and pink flowers
- Findling - white, much larger flower shape, only 10 centimeters tall
- Ingeborg - dark red flowers, rarely available
- Sleeping Beauty - light red flowers
- Cespitosa - cross between two varieties, is therefore available with red, yellow or white flowers
- Spring snow - white flowers that bloom in early spring
- Peter Pan - also tolerates the sun, red bloom
- Sulfur flower - pale yellow flowers
- Judenbart - white, filigree flower, also suitable as a container plant
- Elisabetha - light yellow, although only weak bloom formation
- Paulinae - gray-green upholstery, yellow, intense bloom
- Winter fire - white panicle flowers, about 20 centimeters tall
- Porcelain flowers - white panicle flowers, 30 centimeters tall, spreads extremely quickly
- Engleria - different varieties, all very low growing and densely blooming, well suited for the rock garden
Perfect choice of location
The purple carpets, which are already blooming in early spring (from around March to October, depending on the variety), have hardly any demands on their location, thrive even in the shade of trees, in the barren rock garden and in dry stone walls, etc. Only sunny locations should be possible if possible be avoided.
Purple carpets are available in the garden center at very reasonable prices and spread well in the first year of planting. You can also simply divide the upholstery in autumn each year (after flowering) and reuse it at a new location.
Caring for the purple carpet properly
" To water:
The purple carpet actually does not require any maintenance. However, you need to water it moderately during longer periods of drought. However, do not pour the purple carpet at noon, but prefer the morning or evening hours so that the surface does not burn. You should also avoid waterlogging.
In principle, fertilization is not necessary, but can be carried out if necessary.
You can support the new bloom formation of the purple carpet by plucking withered flowers as quickly as possible. This measure quickly creates new flowers, which provide a great picture in the spring garden bed.
Even in late autumn, the evergreen purple carpet still presents itself in a neat face and enchants its gardener with the daily formation of hoarfrost.